In honor of our Green Game with the Chicago Blackhawks held at the United Center on April 1st, fans were asked to submit their best Green Game tips!
Compiled below is a list of the top 10 tips submitted by Blackhawks fans.
1) Instead of driving 1.25 miles to the gym, I run when it’s warm (I’m in the 5th year of my ‘Jog to the Gym’ program, shooting on running for 100 days or 250 miles).
2) Bring a “reusable” grocery bag to the store instead of using paper or plastic “throwaway” bags.
3) I manage a Starbucks… Bring your own mug or buy one of the $1 reusable cups to save money AND the earth!
4) Vow to wash all your loads of laundry in cold water.
5) Unplug devices once they are fully charged. Many people don’t know, but phone and computer chargers continue to suck power even if your device has been disconnected.
6) Put your lights and heater on timers. That way, even if you forget to turn things off or down, the timers will pick up the slack.
7) Cleaned out the fridge and unplugged everything in the house for spring break! Also, started a carpool for school. Convenient and green!
8) Don’t bag your grass clippings or leaves when cutting your grass. Instead, mulch them. They act as a natural fertilizer and create less waste.
9) Reset the margins on your documents before they print to the lowest available settings – the amount of paper you can save (and ultimately keep out of landfills) is AMAZING!
10) Watch every Blackhawks game with all of the lights turned off.
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
Connected technology is driving the future of smart homes, and the advantages of smart home technology of the future are many. As our lives get busier, smart home devices give us control, convenience and comfort as they help us get more done.
It’s never too early to think about indoor and outdoor holiday decorating ideas. This year, consider preparing your business for the season with smart technology.
Though Electric Vehicles (EVs) have been an option for nearly a decade, they can still seem a little foreign and out of reach for any car buyer. Constellation is working with EZ-EV to make sure you have all the information you need when making a decision that can impact your home energy use.
Wireless technology has become so commonplace that most people hardly notice how much it has changed our lives. Mobile devices allow us to text, phone and access the internet from anywhere with a wireless signal, freeing us from the physical limitations of bulkier computers and traditional telephones.