In honor of our Green Game with the Chicago Blackhawks held at the United Center on April 1st, fans were asked to submit their best Green Game tips!
Compiled below is a list of the top 10 tips submitted by Blackhawks fans.
1) Instead of driving 1.25 miles to the gym, I run when it’s warm (I’m in the 5th year of my ‘Jog to the Gym’ program, shooting on running for 100 days or 250 miles).
2) Bring a “reusable” grocery bag to the store instead of using paper or plastic “throwaway” bags.
3) I manage a Starbucks… Bring your own mug or buy one of the $1 reusable cups to save money AND the earth!
4) Vow to wash all your loads of laundry in cold water.
5) Unplug devices once they are fully charged. Many people don’t know, but phone and computer chargers continue to suck power even if your device has been disconnected.
6) Put your lights and heater on timers. That way, even if you forget to turn things off or down, the timers will pick up the slack.
7) Cleaned out the fridge and unplugged everything in the house for spring break! Also, started a carpool for school. Convenient and green!
8) Don’t bag your grass clippings or leaves when cutting your grass. Instead, mulch them. They act as a natural fertilizer and create less waste.
9) Reset the margins on your documents before they print to the lowest available settings – the amount of paper you can save (and ultimately keep out of landfills) is AMAZING!
10) Watch every Blackhawks game with all of the lights turned off.
So you’re running a business, and you’re looking to keep things cool. To keep up with volume and demand, you might need a commercial ice maker, refrigerator or freezer that’s large enough for your needs.
There’s nothing like the bond between a mother and daughter, especially the special one between Debb and Avril Brown, the family duo behind Island Spiced Bakes & Bites in Atlanta, Georgia. The self-starting pair began their small business journey three years ago, after Avril retired from over thirty years of working as a nurse.
Since your home’s air ducts are out of view, you probably wouldn’t think to clean them — you may even wonder, “What is ductwork, really?” But it’s important to keep your air ducts, like any other part of your home, clean — not for aesthetic reasons, mind you, but for your health and to help
Behind the doors of Solstice Yoga in Atlanta, Georgia sits owner, Kristen Mercado, a family oriented woman with an undeniable passion for helping others through the practice of yoga. This small business superwoman and mother of two delicately balances the challenges of owning a small business and the joys of motherhood with seamless ease.