Is your Facebook account gathering dust? Has your Twitter feed grown out of control? Not to worry, here is a quick overview of all the helpful energy tips that my colleagues have shared on our social media feeds throughout the month:
1. By insulating your walls and ceilings you can save on home heating bills and reduce the CO2 emissions you make every year.
2. By planting trees on your property, you can shade your home from direct sunlight or shield it from heavy winds. By doing this, you can conserve energy needed to heat and cool your home.
3. Energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs help conserve energy since they only use 25 percent of the energy of an ordinary incandescent bulb. They also last 8-12 times longer.
1. Unplug your appliances or chargers when you’re not using them.
2. If you’re in the market for a new appliance, look for energy efficient appliances – most have an Energy Star label.
3. Consider easy maintenance for some of your major household appliances. For more information about ways to save the amount of energy used to power your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and water heater go here: https://blog.constellation.com/2012/01/3-ways-to-conserve-energy-while-using-your-appliances/.
1. Replace or clean the furnace filter monthly to maximize air flow.
2. Keep radiators, heat vents, cold air return vents clean – dust and dirt can reduce your system’s efficiency.
3. Pay attention to the location of your home’s thermostat. Place it away from direct sunlight, drafts, doorways, skylights, and windows.
4. Place furniture away from air vents so that you don’t unintentionally block air circulation.
5. Open curtains during the day for some natural heat. The heavier the curtains, the higher likelihood that you’ll be able to lock in that heat at night.
At Constellation, we believe it’s important not just to provide residential consumers with affordable energy supply options, but also useful information that they can be used to efficiently manage energy use in our day-to-day lives. Stay tuned for more helpful hints in the days to come!
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
Home lighting has important practical and aesthetic applications. We use lighting to brighten our homes at night, to focus attention, for security and to create atmosphere.
As a business owner, you have little control over your fixed costs. You pay the same amount of rent whether you’re open 24/7 or keep regular business hours.