Is your Facebook account gathering dust? Has your Twitter feed grown out of control? Not to worry, here is a quick overview of all the helpful energy tips that my colleagues have shared on our social media feeds throughout the month:
1. By insulating your walls and ceilings you can save on home heating bills and reduce the CO2 emissions you make every year.
2. By planting trees on your property, you can shade your home from direct sunlight or shield it from heavy winds. By doing this, you can conserve energy needed to heat and cool your home.
3. Energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs help conserve energy since they only use 25 percent of the energy of an ordinary incandescent bulb. They also last 8-12 times longer.
1. Unplug your appliances or chargers when you’re not using them.
2. If you’re in the market for a new appliance, look for energy efficient appliances – most have an Energy Star label.
3. Consider easy maintenance for some of your major household appliances. For more information about ways to save the amount of energy used to power your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and water heater go here: https://blog.constellation.com/2012/01/3-ways-to-conserve-energy-while-using-your-appliances/.
1. Replace or clean the furnace filter monthly to maximize air flow.
2. Keep radiators, heat vents, cold air return vents clean – dust and dirt can reduce your system’s efficiency.
3. Pay attention to the location of your home’s thermostat. Place it away from direct sunlight, drafts, doorways, skylights, and windows.
4. Place furniture away from air vents so that you don’t unintentionally block air circulation.
5. Open curtains during the day for some natural heat. The heavier the curtains, the higher likelihood that you’ll be able to lock in that heat at night.
At Constellation, we believe it’s important not just to provide residential consumers with affordable energy supply options, but also useful information that they can be used to efficiently manage energy use in our day-to-day lives. Stay tuned for more helpful hints in the days to come!
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
You know how to run your business and you have a firm understanding of what your customers and clients need. And if you’re planning for small business success, you probably appreciate that success requires a strong business plan.
Smart homes give homeowners control over everything from energy use to home security, but transitioning to an entirely automated home can be a little overwhelming. If you don’t already have a smart-home hub, smart plugs might be the perfect compromise.
From lighting up your home to transforming your front yard, decorative lights are a popular way to brighten any home during the holidays. While traditional string lights and decorative lights are a staple in many homes, they can use significant amounts of energy.
Knowing how to maintain your ideal home humidity is important for both your health and your living space. Too much humidity in your house can result in mold, wood rot and aggravated allergy and asthma symptoms.