Is your Facebook account gathering dust? Has your Twitter feed grown out of control? Not to worry, here is a quick overview of all the helpful energy tips that my colleagues have shared on our social media feeds throughout the month:
1. By insulating your walls and ceilings you can save on home heating bills and reduce the CO2 emissions you make every year.
2. By planting trees on your property, you can shade your home from direct sunlight or shield it from heavy winds. By doing this, you can conserve energy needed to heat and cool your home.
3. Energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs help conserve energy since they only use 25 percent of the energy of an ordinary incandescent bulb. They also last 8-12 times longer.
1. Unplug your appliances or chargers when you’re not using them.
2. If you’re in the market for a new appliance, look for energy efficient appliances – most have an Energy Star label.
3. Consider easy maintenance for some of your major household appliances. For more information about ways to save the amount of energy used to power your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and water heater go here: https://blog.constellation.com/2012/01/3-ways-to-conserve-energy-while-using-your-appliances/.
1. Replace or clean the furnace filter monthly to maximize air flow.
2. Keep radiators, heat vents, cold air return vents clean – dust and dirt can reduce your system’s efficiency.
3. Pay attention to the location of your home’s thermostat. Place it away from direct sunlight, drafts, doorways, skylights, and windows.
4. Place furniture away from air vents so that you don’t unintentionally block air circulation.
5. Open curtains during the day for some natural heat. The heavier the curtains, the higher likelihood that you’ll be able to lock in that heat at night.
At Constellation, we believe it’s important not just to provide residential consumers with affordable energy supply options, but also useful information that they can be used to efficiently manage energy use in our day-to-day lives. Stay tuned for more helpful hints in the days to come!
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
Whether you’re planning to spend decades in your home or hoping to move in the near future, it’s always wise to consider the best home improvements for resale. Traditionally, new siding, decks and bathroom remodels have been among the best upgrades to add value to a home.
Raising kids can be challenging, especially in a world with new and rapid-changing technology. Luckily, thanks to this new technology, making a kid-friendly smart home is easier than ever!
If you have a small business, the wrong type of roofing can make the summer incredibly hot, forcing your HVAC system to work overtime and leaving your employees—and customers—overheated and uncomfortable. Cool roofs help combat rising temperatures in hot climates, offering small businesses opportunities to save on air-conditioning costs while providing a cool work environment.