Is your Facebook account gathering dust? Has your Twitter feed grown out of control? Not to worry, here is a quick overview of all the helpful energy tips that my colleagues have shared on our social media feeds throughout the month:
1. By insulating your walls and ceilings you can save on home heating bills and reduce the CO2 emissions you make every year.
2. By planting trees on your property, you can shade your home from direct sunlight or shield it from heavy winds. By doing this, you can conserve energy needed to heat and cool your home.
3. Energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs help conserve energy since they only use 25 percent of the energy of an ordinary incandescent bulb. They also last 8-12 times longer.
1. Unplug your appliances or chargers when you’re not using them.
2. If you’re in the market for a new appliance, look for energy efficient appliances – most have an Energy Star label.
3. Consider easy maintenance for some of your major household appliances. For more information about ways to save the amount of energy used to power your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and water heater go here: https://blog.constellation.com/2012/01/3-ways-to-conserve-energy-while-using-your-appliances/.
1. Replace or clean the furnace filter monthly to maximize air flow.
2. Keep radiators, heat vents, cold air return vents clean – dust and dirt can reduce your system’s efficiency.
3. Pay attention to the location of your home’s thermostat. Place it away from direct sunlight, drafts, doorways, skylights, and windows.
4. Place furniture away from air vents so that you don’t unintentionally block air circulation.
5. Open curtains during the day for some natural heat. The heavier the curtains, the higher likelihood that you’ll be able to lock in that heat at night.
At Constellation, we believe it’s important not just to provide residential consumers with affordable energy supply options, but also useful information that they can be used to efficiently manage energy use in our day-to-day lives. Stay tuned for more helpful hints in the days to come!
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
You turn on the faucet to wash your hands and fill up the tub to take a bath, but your water may be affecting more than just your hygiene. Water hardness, or the amount of dissolved calcium or magnesium in your water, could also be affecting your energy use.
The benefits of cloud computing are numerous, making a move to the cloud one of the small-business technology trends in 2019 worth your consideration. The advantages of cloud computing, once accessible only to large companies, are now within reach of even the smallest firms.
Air fryers are a relatively new technology. Introduced in 2005 for commercial kitchens, they quickly found a consumer market.