If this is the first time you’ve seen the phrase “electric choice,” I can assure you that you’re not alone. If you live in a state that has a competitive or restructured energy market, you may not realize that you have the opportunity to choose an alternative electricity provider other than your current utility for electric products and services.
To get started, here are five things you should know about how electric choice can help you power your home.
1. Find out if you live in a state that offers electric choice. Each state has its own utility commission that regulates utilities, which provide essential services to the public including energy, telecommunications, water, and transportation. If your state offers electric choice, you can find more information from the utilities commission serving your area. To find your state’s website, select your state on the map provided on the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners website (http://www.naruc.org/commissions.cfm).
2. Electric choice can help you better manage your household budget. For those that live in a state with electric choice, selecting a new electric supplier is just like opting for a new phone, Internet or TV service. You can pursue pricing options and plans that may be lower than what your utility is currently offering.
3. Competitive suppliers can provide electricity supply pricing that more closely reflects the current market. This is primarily because competitive suppliers can purchase power at any time, particularly when energy market conditions offer favorable prices.
4. While regulations may vary, generally other than signing up for a new plan, you shouldn’t have to do anything else.
5. Remember that comparison shopping for electricity is just like shopping for anything else. To best maximize electricity choice, you should consider certain factors while shopping.
Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., a subsidiary of Constellation Energy Group, provides electric generation service to residential customers in the PSEG and JCPL service territories of New Jersey. For more information regarding price and environmental characteristics of our New Jersey residential service, click here and for our commercial and industrial service in New Jersey and throughout other markets, click here.
Provide your zip code and/or promo code below to compare rates in your area:
You turn on the faucet to wash your hands and fill up the tub to take a bath, but your water may be affecting more than just your hygiene. Water hardness, or the amount of dissolved calcium or magnesium in your water, could also be affecting your energy use.
The benefits of cloud computing are numerous, making a move to the cloud one of the small-business technology trends in 2019 worth your consideration. The advantages of cloud computing, once accessible only to large companies, are now within reach of even the smallest firms.
Air fryers are a relatively new technology. Introduced in 2005 for commercial kitchens, they quickly found a consumer market.